Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Triumphant View

Hey all! Well, I sure hope you've been enjoying images from my France travels thus far. I still have lots to share, and I've got more photographs to show you today that are sure to give you a new impression and perspective of Paris...a bird's eye view of sorts.

I hope seeing my journey inspires you to pursue travel of your own! Please leave a comment and let me know if you see a spot that you've also visited! And, if you see an image or two that you know others would enjoy, please do me a favor and use the "Share" buttons on this blog page to spread the content around. Be social! : )

So, last time I promised a great view and I'm confident today's images won't disappoint. Please enjoy my ascent and subsequent view from atop the world famous Arc de Triomphe, located in Paris, France at the north-west end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.


Winter in Paris is a wonderful time for photography. The bare trees make terrific foreground elements for famous landmarks such as the Arc de Triomphe and Tour Eiffel.


Standing at the foot of the Arc de Triomphe, looking east down the famous grand boulevard, Champs-Élysées.


More than 200 steps in a tight spiral staircase lead visitors up and down the interior of the Arc de Triomphe. By the time you reach the top, your legs feel like jelly; but in a very satisfying way!


Behold, the view from the top of the world! This is the view of La Defense, a modern day arch, and quite impressive in its own right.


Tour Eiffel, from a bird's eye view.


Looking north, to Montmarte and the Sacre Cour Basillica.



Champs-Élysées, with Place de la Concorde and Le Louvre in the distance.



Champs-Élysées is famous for high-end boutiques - it has a sort of Rodeo Drive feel to it.



Upon descending the arc, I decided it was time for me to head towards the Eiffel Tower, and  to see what trouble I could get in along the way. The continuation of my travel blog will take you there. Hang tight! 


One of my favorite images overall from my trip. I deliberately chose a shallow depth of field to make the indistinguishable foreground elements of the Arc de Triomphe very sharp, and the far more recognizable Eiffel Tower soft in the distance. I really love this image, and I plan to make a large canvas print of it to enjoy every day in my home!

Speaking of the Eiffel Tower, stay right here for my next travel post, which will focus on the famous Paris landmark in ways you've never seen before!


Remember, if you know any friends or family who would also enjoy these images, please spread the word! Use the buttons below to share this right now on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks!

1 comment:

Find me on Facebook

Followers